Retirement Information Center
The KPERS retirement booket has all the forms and instructions needed to apply for retirement. In addition to the retirement application, where you chose your benefit payment option, most retirees also need to submit the withholding certificate, direct deposit agreement and designation of beneficiary for retirees. Check out our retirement application video for help completing yours.
How to Apply for Retirement
- Review the application instructions
- Learn about tax information for benefit payments
- Complete the retirement forms:
- Retirement applications
- Withholding certificate
- Direct deposit agreement
- Benefitciary designation
- Submit your applications and all necessary documents
The Retirement System will process your application. We will notify you if we need more information. KPERS will mail a letter to your home address with information about your benefit amount. Youre benefit payment will be directly deposited at you financial institution on the last working day of each month.
- Retirement Booklet (includes all forms)
- Retirement Application (form only)
- Withholding Certificate
- Direct Deposit Agreement
- Designation of Beneficiaries - Retired
When you apply to retire you need to submit proof of birth and any name changes for you and your joint annuitant, if you have one.