What group am I in?
If you are unsure what KPERS retirement group you are in there are a few ways to find out.
1. Check Your Online Account
Login to your KPERS account. Once inside, click on your account, then near the bottom of your account summary, under 'Other Details' your coverage group will be listed.
2. Remember Your Hire Date?
Unless you have a special senario, like leaving and coming back in your work history, your original hire date determines your KPERS group.
- KPERS 1: Hired before July 1, 2009
- KPERS 2: Hired July 1, 2009 through December 31, 2014
- KPERS 3: Hired January 1, 2015 and after
- KP&F Tier 1: Employed before July 1, 1989 and did not choose Tier II coverage
- KP&F Tier 2: Hired July 1, 1989 and after
3. Ask Your Employer for Help or Call KPERS.
Finally, you can always ask your employer or contact KPERS. We're here to help!