Retiring With Full Benefits
- Age 65 with one year of service credit
- Age 62 with ten years of service credit
- Any age when your age and years of service credit added together equal 85 (85
- You can receive reduced benefits at age 55 with ten years
- The earlier you retire,
the more your benefit is reduced.
- Age 55 to 60: Benefits are reduced by 0.6 percent for each month you
are between age 55 and 60.
- Age 60 to 62: Benefits are reduced by 0.2 percent for each month you are between age 60 and 62.
If You Retire Early...
||Full benefit = $1,500/month
||Reduced benefit = $1,425/month
||Reduced benefit = $885/month